Some of the people I have been speaking to in pharma over the last few months know that social media monitoring is becoming a must for their company but are unsure of the types of information or useful insights they can get from using a tool like Creation Pinpoint which analyses conversations online between healthcare professionals. In order to make sure you get the most value from social media monitoring, here is a list of ways in which they can be used…
· Improve current social media outreach by identifying key influencers worth engaging
· Campaign analysis: find out if your current campaign is making an impact and being shared or discussed by doctors
· Landscape analysis: see what doctors are discussing about your therapy area/brand and ensure your messaging reflects what they need to know
· Engagement channel analysis: know which sites/blogs/forums you should be engaging on to reach doctors are discussing your therapy area/brand
· Produce shareable content by seeing what type of content your key digital opinion leaders are likely to share
· Check product messaging: find out more about doctors’ perceptions of your brand and if there are any unmet information needs to be addressed
· Monitor product launches to gauge reaction and make adjustments to your marketing campaigns if necessary
· Compile business/market intelligence reports to stay one step ahead of the competition
· Competitor analysis: review conversations pertaining to similar drugs and/or competitors’ portfolios and develop launch plans accordingly
These are some of the main ways in which social media monitoring can provide you with useful insights that can feed back into your marketing strategy. If anyone has any additional ideas, I would love to hear them!
Creation Pinpoint provides you with insights into what healthcare professionals are saying about your brand or therapy area in public social media channels. For more information, click here for a list of ways in which you can contact one of our consultants.