Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|April Rank||March Rank||Company |
|2||2||Johnson & Johnson||1,080||441||41|
|14||14||Merck & Co||211||147||29|
|41||42||Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma||1||1||0|
The latest insights from HCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by healthcare professionals (HCPs) on Twitter during April 2022 were Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, GSK and Abbott.
CREATION.co identified a 31% decrease in mentions of pharmaceutical companies by HCPs this month compared to last month, decreasing to 13,006 posts from 18,993. Conversations continued to revolve around COVID-19 vaccine efficacy with HCPs sharing opinions and data about the efficacy of booster vaccines and mixing and matching. In particular HCPs discussed the effectiveness of the Pfizer vaccine against the Omicron variant after a third dose.
WANING—After 3 doses, effectiveness of Pfizer vaccine against Omicron (BA1) hospital admission was 📌85% at <3 months but fell to 📌55% at 3-5 months. For ER admission, VE of 3 doses was 📌77% at <3 months but fell to 📌53% at 3-5 months. 2 doses worse. 🧵https://t.co/UWlh5EFF4q pic.twitter.com/JZtnLVl4wR
— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) April 23, 2022
My thinking about booster #2 has shifted a bit in the past few days. Here's a 🧵
First of all, on Tuesday I decided to mix-and-match: I got Moderna after 3 Pfizers. The side effects were similar as with my Pfizers – just mild arm ache. Some folks have worse, of course. (1/25)
— Bob Wachter (@Bob_Wachter) April 7, 2022
The top shared links by HCPs discussed efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and the success of tirzepatide for treating obesity:
- A Nordic Cohort study about the SARS-CoV-2 vaccination and myocarditis carried out on 23 Million Residents.
- A news release about Lilly’s tirzepatide SURMOUNT-1 trial results.
- A Report from the FDA about the post marketing experience of Pfizer’s vaccine.
Notably this month, HCPs celebrated the efficacy of Lilly’s tirzepatide for obesity patients and shared a report by Lilly that documented trial data from phase 3 of the SURMOUNT-1 study. The report stated that an average weight loss of 20.9% of body weight for patients on this highest dose of the drug was achieved.
This is huge. Eli Lilly is reporting *average* weight loss of 20.9% of body weight for the highest dose of tirzepatide in people with obesity over 72 wk in the phase 3 SURMOUNT-1 trial.https://t.co/JoCvOQE3rg
— Stephan J. Guyenet (@sguyenet) April 29, 2022
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In April 2022, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 13,006 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets from 5,363 individual HCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 April and 31 April 2022.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In April 155 of these posts mentioned Janssen.