Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|September Rank||August Rank||Company |
|3||3||Johnson & Johnson||1,221||678||72|
|21||11||Merck & Co||129||92||12|
The latest insights from HCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by healthcare professionals (HCPs) on Twitter during September 2022 were Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca and GSK.
CREATION.co identified 12,293 HCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies online in September 2022, a slight increase from the previous month. GSK climbed back into the top 5 due to the prequalification of their Mosquirix Malaria vaccine by the World Health Organisation . Novo Nordisk was one of the bigger movers, climbing from 14th to 6th with discussions about the use of their semaglutide drug in weight loss patients.
Pfizer and Moderna remained at the top of the most mentioned pharmaceutical companies in part due to the most shared post from Dr Eric Feigl-Ding. Dr Feigl-Ding clarified that data regarding the safety and efficacy of the Pfizer booster and Moderna bivalent shot meant the vaccines were “safe & works”, while Eric Topol’s highly engaged post shared trial results for the bivalent vaccines.
Claim: My mom heard that Omicron-adapted #COVID vaccines ‘have never been tested in humans’. “Is it true?” she asked.
— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) September 26, 2022
The Moderna bivalent BA.1 booster vaccine had similar results as the bivalent BA.5 vaccine vs. BA.5 in the mouse model for induced level of neutralizing antibody, reduced viral load and inflammatory response in the lunghttps://t.co/0Sml82wVbi pic.twitter.com/4nAKk5HuvS
— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) September 14, 2022
The top shared links by HCPs discussed:
- An Article from Statnews about COVID-19 vaccine research.
- An Article from Reuters about positive results yielded from an Alzheimer’s study carried out by Eisai and Biogen.
- A Journal from Science Direct about randomised mRna COVID-19 vaccination trials in adults.
One of the key drivers of conversation in September 2022 came from HCP discussions about the side effects of the Pfizer and Moderna mRNA vaccine published in a recent study, with surgeon Joseph Ladapo expressing negative sentiment towards the lack of patient-level trial data.
Why are doctors blindly following Big Pharma?https://t.co/M2QAoUsf5J
— Joseph A. Ladapo, MD, PhD (@FLSurgeonGen) September 2, 2022
Additionally, HCPs shared trial results from the FIGARO study that trialled the use of finerenone in type 2 diabetes and chronic kidney disease, celebrating the results of the trial.
Great news for diabetic kidneys!#finerenone approved for CKD and Type 2 DM#FIGARO @Bayer @VietHeartPA @ChristosArgyrop @JavedButler1 @BakrisGeorge @hswapnil @AndrewJSauer @AnastasiaSMihai https://t.co/XZK52hXker
— Dr. Martha Gulati ♥️🫀❤️🩹🇨🇦 (@DrMarthaGulati) September 2, 2022
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In September 2022, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 12,293 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets from 5,808 individual HCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 September and 30 September 2022.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In September 2022 81 of these posts mentioned Janssen.
Click here to Read the latest Top 50 tracker