Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|March Rank||February Rank||Company |
|4||4||Johnson & Johnson||794||265||22|
|16||14||Merck & Co||189||117||0|
Every month, CREATION.co’s Top 50 Tracker brings you the latest insights from the online conversation of healthcare professionals (eHCPs) across the globe discussing the activity and behaviour of the top 50 pharma companies.
The latest insights from HCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by eHCPs on Twitter in March 2023 were Pfizer, Moderna, Lilly, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca.
CREATION.co identified 13,103 eHCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies online in March 2023, a very similar number to the previous month.
Lilly drew a lot of engagement and conversations from eHCPs after announcing their decision to reduce the prices of insulin in a bid to bring relief to millions of people with diabetes in the USA. A lot of eHCPs embraced this news in excitement and celebrated Lilly especially following frustrations and anger in November 2022 when they were requested a review of their prices of insulin.
AMAZING NEWS! Drugmaker Eli Lilly caps the cost of insulin at $35 a month, bringing relief for millions https://t.co/2UhNxwO8e9
— Sarah Bernstein, MD, MHA, FAAP (@sbernsteinmd) March 1, 2023
Sanofi also received recognition from eHCPs as they announced an insulin price cap which came after actions by Eli Lilly and Novo Nordisk.
Diabetes Drug Giant Sanofi Cuts Insulin Prices by Up to 78%, 3rd company to do so!
Sanofi says it would cap patients’ out-of-pocket costs for Lantus insulin at $35 a month https://t.co/IVHsUuC5SL
— C. Michael Gibson MD (@CMichaelGibson) March 17, 2023
Drugmakers #Pfizer Inc and #GSK are close to bringing the first two #vaccines for #respiratory #syncytial #virus (RSV) to the United States after gaining the backing of a panel of advisers to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). https://t.co/qiw0C5gXmh pic.twitter.com/ip1OWbroir
— Juan C Ivancevich MD (@Aller_MD) March 30, 2023
The top shared links by HCPs when mentioning a Top 50 pharma company discussed:
- An article by Health News about the insulin price cap actioned by Lilly.
- An article by The New York Times about Lilly’s decision to cut the price of insulin.
- An article by Lilly’s news release about the insulin price reduction by 70%.
In March, many eHCPs showed appreciation towards Lilly, Sanofi and Novo Nordisk, as they took actions to reduce the price of insulin to help patients with diabetes in the US who may have difficulty affording insulin.
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In March 2023, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 13,103 healthcare professional authored tweets from 5,051 individual HCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 March and 31 March 2023.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In March 2023, 303 of these posts mentioned Janssen.
Click here to view the latest Top 50 tracker