Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|October Rank||September Rank||Company |
|3||3||Johnson & Johnson||953||1||86|
|8||21||Merck & Co||413||6||37|
The latest insights from HCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by healthcare professionals (HCPs) on Twitter in October 2022 remained Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca and GSK.
CREATION.co identified 18,706 HCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies online in October 2022, a 52% increase from the previous month.
Pfizer and Moderna remained at the top of the most mentioned pharmaceutical companies, with mentions of Pfizer increasing by over 100%. This is primarily due to discussions surrounding news of Pfizer mRNA vaccine testing for transmission and the FDA’s grant of emergency use for the Pfizer and Moderna bivalent vaccine in children.
Pfizer executive admits COVID-19 vaccine was never tested to prevent transmission: 'This is scandalous' – TheBlaze https://t.co/9lxjdg3hnR
— Kris Held,MD (@kksheld) October 12, 2022
The FDA has authorized updated bivalent #COVID19 #boostershot for ages 5+ (Pfizer: 5+, Moderna: 6+). CDC Dir signoff expected soon, then can schedule. Should follow any prior Covid #vaccine by 2+ mos. Rec is wait 3 mos after #COVID infection. #MedTwitterhttps://t.co/6GmVAcVYoP
— Tatiana Prowell, MD (@tmprowell) October 12, 2022
The top shared links by HCPs discussed:
- An article from Diario16 about the statement by Pfizer at the European Parliament.
- An statement by the FDA on its approval of the bivalent COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use in children.
- An article by Reuters on the expected price hike of Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines.
Outside of the COVID-19 vaccine conversation, Merck & Co made a notable rise from 21st in September 2022 to the 8th most mentioned this month. The company’s product Keytruda contributed to a large spike, with HCPs sharing a post mentioning the product in the context of a patient case and social commentary on abortion laws.
Additionally, online HCPs posted positively about Merck in several different posts that were well received:
- A urogynecologist in Canada praised the Capio device and highlighted the importance of innovation while tagging Merck in their post
#DYK the Capio device has revolutionized #womenshealth and #FPMRS by reducing blood loss and operative time? Encouraging all companies to keep up #innovation
@bostonsci @Merck @coopersurgical @AshfieldEngage pic.twitter.com/RMaW1pVd2E
— Roxana Geoffrion (@Dr_R_Geoffrion) October 29, 2022
2. An HCP in the US shared news of Merck’s discovery of unused ebola vaccines and their donation of these vaccines to Uganda, calling this news a ‘game changer’
Merck locates frozen batch of undisclosed Ebola vaccine, will donate for testing in Uganda’s outbreak.
This news could be a real game changer for the outbreak. https://t.co/ezoOkYM9Iz
— BK Titanji #IAmAScientist🇨🇲 (@Boghuma) October 26, 2022
3. An HCP in the UK tagged Merck’s UK Twitter account when sharing a post about the importance of good HIV care
"Nothing is more important than supporting people to live long & happy lives" says Lord Fowler "but there is still more to be done"
There are lots of priorities but good HIV care IS a priority too!#fiftyover50 @MSDintheUK pic.twitter.com/YAt7mkGVoy
— Laura Waters 🇺🇦 (@drlaurajwaters) October 17, 2022
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In September 2022, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 12,293 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets from 5,808 individual HCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 September and 30 September 2022.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In September 2022 81 of these posts mentioned Janssen.