Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|December Rank||November Rank||Company |
|3||4||Johnson & Johnson||489||218||24|
|14||16||Merck & Co||155||56||0|
The latest insights from HCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by healthcare professionals (HCPs) on Twitter in December 2022 were Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca and Biogen.
CREATION.co identified 8,279 HCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies online in December 2022, decreasing over 40% from the previous month. This was largely due to a quieter online presence by HCPs over the Christmas holidays.
One driver of conversation by HCPs in December 2022 was the release of trial results of the combination Moderna cancer vaccine and Merck immunotherapy for patients with stage 3 or 4 melanoma. HCPs heralded the results, with Dr Eric Ding calling it a ‘cancer breakthrough’
💡Cancer breakthrough—patients with stage 3 or stage 4 melanoma received a experimental cancer vaccine made by Moderna and the immunotherapy made by Merck for about a year **reduced the risk of cancer recurrence or death by 44%** versus immunotherapy alonehttps://t.co/fiENX4bCdb
— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) December 13, 2022
Dr. Eric Topol also highlighted the trial results, celebrating that it was ‘superior to immunotherapy alone’:
The 1st randomized trial of an mRNA cancer vaccine to show efficacy: Stage III/IV melanoma, a combination immunotherapy + vaccine was superior to immunotherapy alone for recurrence-free survival.
157 participants (Phase 2b) w/ large trial planned
PR by Moderna & Merck this AM
— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) December 13, 2022
The top shared links by HCPs discussed:
- An article Dr Eddy Betterman’s website discussing Pfizer’s paxlovid and its adverse effects.
- A press release by Novartis on the trial results of Pluvicto.
- A PDF document, ‘Cumulative Analysis of Post-authorization Adverse Event Reports’ by Pfizer.
HCPs also discussed the congressional report discussing the FDA’s accelerated approval of Biogen’s aducanamab, which led to their jump into 5th most discussed pharmaceutical company in December 2021.
Congressional Report of investigation into FDA's 2021 accelerated approval of aducanumab is excoriating. Biogen come out of this as cynical and greedily exploitative, aiming to bleed healthcare insurance dry. An extraordinary read. https://t.co/bmOn1eL9Hs
— Robert Howard (@ProfRobHoward) December 29, 2022
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In December 2022, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 8,279 healthcare professional authored tweets from 3,702 individual HCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 December and 31 December 2022.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In December 2022, 72 of these posts mentioned Janssen.
Click here to view the latest TOP 50 Tracker