Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|March Rank||February Rank||Company |
|2||2||Johnson & Johnson||3,129||506||41|
|14||11||Merck & Co||188||121||29|
|42||42||Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma||1||1||0|
The latest insights from HCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by healthcare professionals (HCPs) on Twitter during March 2022 were Pfizer, Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca, GSK and Novartis.
CREATION.co identified a 20% increase in mentions of pharmaceutical companies this month compared to last month, rising to 18,993 posts from 15,207. This month, although COVID-19 mentions dropped by 5,473, conversations still largely revolved around vaccine efficacy, with HCPs sharing various pieces of information around vaccine data. In addition, HCPs highlighted new recommendations from the CDC in regard to Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients.
Our new pre-print posted. We compare immune memory to Moderna, Pfizer, J&J, and Novavax COVID-19 vaccines head-to-head. T cells, B cells, and antibody. We think this is the most comprehensive immunological evaluation of these four different vaccines. 1/17https://t.co/jHeQk41jHX
— Prof. Shane Crotty (@profshanecrotty) March 22, 2022
2) Is there more data on switching boosters? Yes. Previously we saw higher antibody response if you switched from Moderna to Pfizer, or from Pfizer to Moderna— and definitely from J&J to any of the mRNA vaccines. See thread 🧵 below 👇 https://t.co/zuVyBN7ByL
— Eric Feigl-Ding (@DrEricDing) March 30, 2022
Finally, there is guidance for Johnson & Johnson vaccine recipients:
CDC's new recommendations say that those who got the J&J shot, then an initial booster, are eligible for a Pfizer or Moderna booster if it's been >4 months since their last shot.https://t.co/jzshRWojiA
— Leana Wen, M.D. (@DrLeanaWen) March 30, 2022
The top shared links by HCPs discussed efficacy of COVID-19 vaccines and the authorisation of two COVID-19 vaccines for immunocompromised individuals:
- A research article by the Science Translational Medicine Journal about a study showing how Moderna’s vaccine elicits a different antibody-response & natural killer T cell response.
- A study from BioRxiv showing head-to-head comparisons of T cell, B cell, and antibody responses to diverse vaccines.
- An article by the FDA about the authorisation of second booster doses of two COVID-19 vaccines for older and immunocompromised individuals.
COVID-19 made up only 36% of the conversations from HCPs about Top 50 Pharmaceutical companies – the second month in a row since September 2020 that the percentage has been below 50%. This was mostly driven by the discussions about vaccine efficacy and adverse events data.
Novartis climbed into the top five in March 2022, with conversations about their newly FDA approved radioligand therapy for treatment of progressive PSMA prostate cancer.
— Toni Choueiri, MD (@DrChoueiri) March 23, 2022
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In March 2022, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 18,993 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets from 6,227 individual HCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 March and 31 March 2022.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In March 195 of these posts mentioned Janssen.