Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
June’s Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter, in relation to COVID-19
|Company name||Total |
|3||3||Johnson & Johnson*||301||159||77||11|
|12||10||Merck & co||58||49||15||3|
|50||50||Mitsubishi tanabe pharma||0||0||0||0|
June’s insights from HCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies, in relation to COVID-19
In June 2020, the five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by HCPs relating to COVID-19 on Twitter were Gilead, AstraZeneca, Johnson and Johnson (J&J), Sanofi and GSK.
For a fourth month, Gilead was the most mentioned pharmaceutical company relating to Covid-19. Mentions of Gilead made up 43% of all HCP posts relating to a top 50 Pharma company and Covid-19. Its treatment option, remdesivir, continued to be discussed in over 70% of posts as HCPs reacted to the cost of the product for patients and the price taxpayers had paid for the drug’s R+D. Many HCPs thought it was too expensive, especially during the pandemic.
Gilead prices COVID-19 drug candidate remdesivir at $2,340 per patient:
Gilead Sciences Inc has priced its COVID-19 drug candidate remdesivir at $2,340 for a five-day treatment in the United States it said on Monday.@Reuters
-Oh good. I was afraid it would be too expensive 🙄
— Dr. Jeff Rabinowitz (VoteBlueIn22) (@rxjef77) June 29, 2020
Another driver in the conversation was news in Europe with AstraZeneca agreeing to supply their Covid-19 vaccine to EU citizens in their joint venture with Oxford, which HCPs shared positively.
— Dra. Teraiza Mesa R Cuenta Oficial ® (@Dra_TeraizaMesa) June 13, 2020
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In June 2020, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 3,273 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets about Covid-19 from 2,149 individual HCPs mentioning a top-50 pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in relation to Covid-19 in all languages mentioning a Top 50 pharmaceutical company between June 1st and June 30th 2020.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (eg. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention but two Account Mentions.
- The Number of Twitter Accounts Mentioned only include those accounts mentioned by HCPs.
- * Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In June, 22 of these posts mentioned Janssen.
- ** Whilst included in the Top 50 Pharma list according to revenue from 2019, Shire has since been acquired by Takeda and no longer holds a Twitter account.