January’s Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|Jan's Top |
|(Dec's Top |
|Company||Total Mentions||Account mentions||Account retweets||Number of Twitter
|1||1||Johnson & Johnson||768||444||36||19|
|3||6||Merck & co||436||117||0||2|
|50||50||Mitsubishi tanabe pharma||0||0||0||0|
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by HCPs on Twitter in January 2020 were Johnson & Johnson (J&J), GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Merck & Co, Novartis and Pfizer.
The top three shared links by HCPs this month were each directly from pharmaceutical company websites. Press releases from Roche and AstraZeneca shared by HCPs detailed unsuccessful ends to two clinical trials.
- Roche press release providing Phase III study update of Tecentriq not meeting its primary endpoint (80 tweets).
- AstraZeneca press release updating on Phase III STRENGTH discontinuation for Epanova (68 tweets).
- J&J Nursing See You Now podcast (51 tweets).
A podcast launched by @jnjnursing and the American Nurses Association was shared towards the end of the month by HCPs online; a series focusing on nurses addressing healthcare problems with innovative solutions. Nurses in particular were proud of the series, which supports and raises awareness of the challenges they face in their careers.
HCP MENTIONS OF COMPANY TWITTER ACCOUNTS
HCP mentions of top 50 pharmaceutical companies will be tracked monthly to observe how the rankings change over time. You can keep up to date with this and other pharmaceutical tracking including FDA and EMA drug approvals, within the Tracking section of CREATION Knowledge. For these updates straight to your inbox, you can sign up to our monthly eJournal.
READ LAST MONTH’S TOP 50 PHARMA TRACKER:
- In January 2019, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 4,986 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets from 2,980 individual HCPs, mentioning a top 50 pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 pharmaceutical company between January 1st and January 31st 2020.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (eg. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention but two Account Mentions.
- The Number of Twitter Accounts Mentioned only include those accounts mentioned by HCPs.
- * Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen.
- ** Whilst included in the Top 50 Pharma list according to revenue from 2019, Shire has since been acquired by Takeda and no longer holds a Twitter account.