December’s Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|Top 50 rank||Company||Total |
|1||Johnson & Johnson||985||404||128||19|
|6||Merck & co||448||165||5||3|
|50||Mitsubishi tanabe pharma||0||0||0||0|
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by HCPs on Twitter in December were Johnson & Johnson (J&J), GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), Pfizer, Novartis and Roche.
The top three shared links by HCPs this month were somewhat varied; the first shared news of GSK’s positive data release, the second two called out pharmaceutical companies for their actions that were disagreed with by the public.
- GSK press release announcing positive results of phase 3 Benlysta trial for lupus nephritis (43 tweets).
- A petition against J&J suggesting they knew their talcum powder contained toxic asbestos, calling for them to take responsibility (31 tweets).
- An article detailing Pfizer’s increase in drug prices alongside its CEO getting a pay raise (28 tweets).
For a second month, @Novartis was the most mentioned corporate account, with @Merck (& Co.) and @LillyPad (Lilly) taking the following spots. Novartis’s Twitter account, @Novartis, was mentioned most frequently alongside awareness of and fundraising for a child who needed access to a dose of Zolgensma, Novartis’s gene therapy for spinal muscular atrophy costing €1.9m.
HCP MENTIONS OF COMPANY TWITTER ACCOUNTS
HCP mentions of top 50 pharmaceutical companies will be tracked monthly to observe how the rankings change over time. You can keep up to date with this and other pharmaceutical tracking including FDA and EMA drug approvals, within the Tracking section of CREATION Knowledge. For these updates straight to your inbox, you can sign up to our monthly eJournal.
READ LAST MONTH’S TOP 50 PHARMA TRACKER:
- In December 2019, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 6,794 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets from 3,846 individual HCPs, mentioning a top 50 pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 pharmaceutical company between December 1st and December 31st 2019.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (eg. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention but two Account Mentions.
- The Number of Twitter Accounts Mentioned only include those accounts mentioned by HCPs.
- * Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen.
- ** Whilst included in the Top 50 Pharma list according to revenue from 2019, Shire has since been acquired by Takeda and no longer holds a Twitter account.