Webinar: Understanding The Differences Between DOLs And Online KOLs

How To Identify The Right Digital Opinion Leaders


Available on-demand


Free for Life Sciences Companies


Anni Neumann, Associate Director of Client Excellence, CREATION.co 

Veronica Villasuso Venegas, Senior Specialist in Innovation and Digital Engagement, GSK


With the rise in providers offering Healthcare professional (HCP) Digital Opinion Leader (DOL) identification it can be difficult to determine the right vendor for your needs. Some providers’ offerings, for example, relate to adding digital metrics to your known KOLs. Over the past decade our experience is that typically 30% of HCP DOLs are traditional KOLs, meaning there is a missed opportunity to build relationships with the other 70% of HCPs who are influential online.

In order to avoid disappointment, it is important to consider what you really want to achieve from your DOL identification in order to scope out a successful project brief and select the right vendor.

After attending this webinar you will be able to answer the following questions:

  • What is a Digital Opinion Leader?
  • What is the difference between digitally active KOLs and Digital Opinion Leaders?
  • What are the benefits of identifying a DOL?
  • What do you need to consider when scoping a DOL project?
  • Why would a DOL engage with you?

Fill out your details below to register for the on-demand webinar:

Complete the form to register for this webinar

Related Resources

Related Case Studies

Frequently asked questions

Yes, we would be happy to hear from you about any suggestions you may have regarding future webinar topics.

In our webinars we share bespoke research, and anonymised case studies of our client work due to our work with global pharmaceutical companies being under strict NDA agreements.

CREATION webinars are currently run on Zoom. If you are unable to use Zoom due to a company policy or firewall please email us at [email protected] and we can arrange a presentation of the webinar on Microsoft Teams or an available platform.

Yes, we regularly run webinars focused on a specific pharmaceutical company and their particular business objectives, often partnering with an employee from that organisation.

If your link is not working, or you have any issue accessing the live or recorded webinar you can email us at [email protected] and we will help you as soon as possible.

Yes, currently our webinar recording links can be shared with fellow pharma colleagues however, we would ask they are not shared with agencies or those unable to register for the webinar.

To get in touch with the webinar speakers you can email us at [email protected] and our team will connect you with the respective speaker. During the webinar the speaker will also likely include their contact or LinkedIn details.

Questions shared on CREATION webinars can be submitted as private messages to the panellists and hosts. The question & answer (Q&A) feature for webinars allows attendees to privately or publicly ask questions during the webinar, for the panellists, and hosts to answer.

Yes, you will automatically be muted on the webinar, and will not be able to unmute yourself, to allow everyone on the call to hear the webinar clearly.