Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
November’s Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by HCPs on Twitter
|3||3||Johnson & Johnson||2,111||1,081||134|
November’s insights from HCPs mentioning Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by healthcare professionals (HCPs) on Twitter during November 2020 were Pfizer, AstraZeneca, Johnson and Johnson (J&J), GSK and Gilead.
November was a big month as the first successful phase III trial results were announced for Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine with BioNTech. The volume of posts from HCPs about top 50 pharma companies throughout the month boomed to 41,775, nearly doubling since October. There were almost 30,000 posts mentioning Pfizer, 6 times as many as the next most discussed company, AstraZeneca.
Covid (@UCSF) Chronicles, Day 237
90% efficacy is far better than even most optimistic projections. An election analogy: these are CA results, rather than PA. (1/16)
— Bob Wachter (@Bob_Wachter) November 9, 2020
Oxford/AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine phase 3 trial
– 2 dosing regimens evaluated
– Efficacy regimen 1 (1/2 dose, followed by full dose 1 month apart): 90%
– Efficacy regimen 2 (2 full doses 1 mo. apart): 62%
-Average efficacy 70%
-Fridge storage (2-8 degree C)
— Saad B. Omer (@SaadOmer3) November 23, 2020
The most shared links by HCPs gave further information on Pfizer’s vaccine results:
- The STAT News report from Pfizer and BioNTech’s early data was shared the most by HCPs: 269 times.
- HCPs also shared Pfizer’s own press release announcing the trial’s success.
- The New York Times article was the third most shared story in the month, also on the topic of Pfizer’s vaccine.
Later in the month, upon the data release, HCPs shared news of AstraZeneca’s positive vaccine results of 70% efficacy. They noted the specifics of dosing and storage.
COVID-19 discourse increased by 128% from last month, making up over 75% of the overall conversation about top 50 pharmaceutical companies. HCPs nevertheless continued to share news from pharmaceutical companies not relating to the pandemic, including cancer awareness from J&J and news on Biogen’s Alzheimer’s drug.
— Doctor Roshan R 🌍 (@pythoroshan) November 19, 2020
La FDA ve evidencias significativas de eficacia en el fármaco aducanumab de Biogen. Podría ser el primer medicamento eficaz frente al Alzheimer. La compañía se ha revalorizado en 17.000 millones de dólares. https://t.co/emG8Qb0CcW pic.twitter.com/K9hU4eKXjb
— Gorka Orive (@gorka_orive) November 5, 2020
CREATION.co continues to analyse online HCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In November 2020, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 41,773 healthcare professional (HCP) authored tweets from 16,149 individual HCPs mentioning a top-50 pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of HCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 pharmaceutical company between November 1st and November 30th 2020.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (eg. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In November, 649 of these posts mentioned Janssen.