Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by eHCPs on X
|August Rank||July Rank||Company |
|4||3||Johnson & Johnson||480||140||10|
|13||15||Merck & Co||166||100||2|
The latest insights from eHCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by eHCPs on X (formerly Twitter) in August 2023 were Pfizer, Moderna, GSK, Johnson & Johnson, and Novo Nordisk.
CREATION.co identified 10,144 eHCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies in August 2023.
On 04 August, GSK Nigeria stated that they would be ceasing operations in the country, due to increased competition from local companies and imports from India and China. Many eHCPs expressed their disappointment and sadness to hear the news.
This is so sad
GSK is one of the biggest employer of Healthcare jobs in Nigeria. One of the Few brands in Nigeria that have standard medications
One of the biggest financers of research, innovation & development in Nigeria
Their drugs will become so scarce & expensive
So sad https://t.co/Z0gooSw2SP
— The_Bearded_Dr_Sina (@the_beardedsina) August 3, 2023
On 08 August, Novo Nordisk shared the results from the SELECT clinical trial testing the efficacy of semaglutide in reducing major adverse cardiovascular events (MACE). The trial appeared to reduce the risk of MACE by 20%, leading to a reduction in risks of heart attacks and strokes. eHCPs were very glad to hear the results, with some congratulating Novo Nordisk on their work.
Changing Preventive Cardiology! @ASPCardio #CVPrev
Treating #obesity will improve CVD even in non diabetics. Look forward to seeing the data but congratulations @novonordisk 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 https://t.co/R8VGpYUEJh
— Dr. Martha Gulati ♥️🫀❤️🩹🇨🇦 (@DrMarthaGulati) August 8, 2023
Other HCPs discussed the effectiveness of semaglutide in obesity reduction and its cardiovascular benefits. Researcher and professor Lykke Sylow was excited by the prospects of what else the drug could achieve, particularly concerning cancer patients.
Obesity is a major risk factor for >14 cancers and it will be very exciting to see whether #wegovy #semaglutide also lowers cancer risk and/or improves outcomes for patients with cancer🤞@novonordisk #cancer https://t.co/bUHhva7PCa
— Lykke Sylow (@LykkeSylow) August 9, 2023
On 18 August, Moderna shared a press release for their monovalent vaccine for the treatment of circulating COVID-19 variants, detailing the efficacy and improved levels of neutralising antibodies. HCPs called the vaccine’s efficacy “good news”.
Good news. Moderna’s updated XBB.1.5-based monovalent vaccine (mRNA-1273.815) increased neutralizing antibody levels against Eg.5.1/Eris and FL.1.5.1/Fornax. It is now fundamental to test vaccine-elicited sera against BA.2.86/Pirula asap. https://t.co/QspkbXzFH5
— Daniele Focosi, MD PhD MSc (@dfocosi) August 18, 2023
The top shared links by eHCPs when mentioning a Top 50 pharma company discussed:
- An article referring to the Novavax vaccine for SARS-CoV-2, protecting against viral variants.
- An article discussing former deputy medical chief Sir Jonathan Van-Tam joining Moderna as a senior medical consultant.
- A press release from Moderna announcing trial data from a new COVID-19 vaccine.
CREATION.co continues to analyse online eHCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In August 2023, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 10,144 healthcare professional authored posts on X (Twitter) from 3,770 individual eHCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online X conversations of eHCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 – 31 August 2023.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its X account(s).
- In some cases, an X post may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In August 2023, 193 of these posts mentioned Janssen.
The Top 50 Pharma tracker archive
December 2021: Omicron variant dominates HCP conversation in December 2021