01.10.2023 | Tracker
Top 50 Pharma Tracker: eHCPs celebrate vaccine data from Novavax and Moderna approval
Discover what healthcare professionals (eHCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are eHCPs responding to drug launch news? How are eHCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of eHCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by eHCPs on X
|September Rank||August Rank||Company |
|3||4||Johnson & Johnson||1,178||497||19|
|14||13||Merck & Co||148||99||5|
The latest insights from eHCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by eHCPs on X (formerly Twitter) in September 2023 were Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, Novavax, and AstraZeneca.
CREATION.co identified 10,648 eHCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies in September 2023, increasing by 4.9% over the previous month.
On 06 September, oncologist Shruti Patel authored a Tweetorial for her peers. She shared data relating to the efficacy of nivolumab and chemotherapy for patients. Many eHCPs responded to the Tweetorial by sharing and liking posts, in addition to responding to polls. The Tweetorial was part of a weekly board called #TumorBoardTuesday, where eHCPs participate in polls, cancer treatment discussions and patient diagnosis journeys. This particular #TumorBoardTuesday was supported by many pharmaceutical companies through educational grants, including Janssen, AstraZeneca, Merck, Seagen, Exelixis and Astellas.
🔹PHASE III – 3 YEAR UPDATE
🔸Stage IB-IIIA (exclude EGFR & ALK muts)
💉3 rounds chemo/IO over 9wks then✂️
🔁recurrence: 28% in nivo+chemo vs 42% in mono chemo pic.twitter.com/CRvIg2LZuZ
— Shruti Patel, MD (@ShrutiPatelMD) September 6, 2023
On 12 September, Moderna’s COVID-19 vaccine was approved for use in Canada. Epidemiologist Raywat Deonandan took the opportunity to share the news and celebrate the reduced risk of worse outcomes but warned readers to be careful of potential noise and misinformation. His post was shared by 12 eHCPs.
Now that Moderna's booster has been approved in Canada, you're going to see a lot of accounts with cartoon profile pics attacking it. Ignore the noise. The data behind this vaccine look very good. It will lower your probability of the worst outcomes and, yes, even of infection.
— Deonandan (@deonandan) September 13, 2023
Despite awaiting approval, Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine has received praise for its positive results and high efficacy from eHCPs. Paediatrician Dr. Vipin Vashishtha said that the results are “living up to its original hype”. The post was shared by three other eHCPs.
#Novavax is literally living up to its original hype: a product par excellence!
— Vipin M. Vashishtha (@vipintukur) September 13, 2023
The top shared links by eHCPs when mentioning a Top 50 pharma company discussed:
- A document sharing the details of HCPs in a Canadian patient support program for Schizophrenia and Bipolar Type I Disorder.
- An article from the FDA warning the public about the use of the antipsychotic drug aripiprazole affecting a patient’s impulsive decision-making.
- A Wikipedia article linking to the COVID-19 pandemic.
CREATION.co continues to analyse online eHCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
- In September 2023, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 10,648 healthcare professional authored posts on X (Twitter) from 3,985 individual eHCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online X conversations of eHCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 – 30 September 2023.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its X account(s).
- In some cases, an X post may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In September 2023, 486 of these posts mentioned Janssen.