02.11.2023 | Tracker
Top 50 Pharma Tracker: Novavax FDA approval received positively by eHCPs
Discover what healthcare professionals (eHCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are eHCPs responding to drug launch news? How are eHCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of eHCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by eHCPs on X in October
|4||3||Johnson & Johnson||801||296||7|
|14||14||Merck & Co||224||118||4|
The latest insights from eHCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by eHCPs on X in October 2023 were Pfizer, Moderna, Novavax, Johnson & Johnson, and AstraZeneca.
CREATION.co identified 12,832 eHCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies in October 2023, increasing by 20.5% over the previous month.
On 03 October, Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine received FDA approval. In September, eHCPs celebrated the study data for its efficacy. Now that the FDA has approved it, eHCPs took the opportunity to share this milestone with their peers, calling the approval “good to see”.
Good to see
FDA authorizes Novavax's updated COVID vaccine for fall 2023 – CBS News
Now the question is how long it would take to be accessible https://t.co/gmPuGio7D9
— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) October 3, 2023
A great day in Danvers MA hosting the Janssen clinical research executive leadership of JNJ. PVAD/pharma synergy has the potential to unlock native heart and pulmonary vascular recovery in the future.@BillONeillMD @ron_waksman @GreggWStone @NavinKapur4 @bobbi_hf @CMichaelGibson pic.twitter.com/7gKZfBEOIT
— Chuck Simonton (@DrChuckSimonton) October 18, 2023
On 18 October, cardiologist Dr Chuck Simonton shared a photo of his visit to the Janssen clinical research executive leadership session. He goes on to state how “PVAD/pharma synergy has the potential to unlock cardio and pulmonary vascular recovery in the future”. He tagged 5 other eHCPs who also attended the session with him.
On 19 October, physiotherapist Laura Willcocks shared a post showing her collaboration with Boehringer Ingelheim. She shares how “excellent conversations” took place with them, surrounding the improvement of education and care for patients with multiple long-term health conditions.
Excellent conversations and plans today with visit to @LDC_tweets from @boehringerus @Boehringer @MSkarlatos @frazac @LRWEUnit all focused on improving research, education and care for people living with multiple long term conditions pic.twitter.com/z47qsV0ooM
— Laura Willcocks (@willcockslaura) October 19, 2023
Thank you @mattgon05132184 and @AbbottCardio for this event on heart function therapies with Dr Phil Adamson and our team. Great collaboration b/w inpt HF/ICU/outpt HOPE clinic+many others. Multi-disciplinary care @FM_HVI @VikKashyapMD @ahfdoc @MilenaJaniMD @RenzoLoyaga pic.twitter.com/71v3ACB5jG
— Sangjin Lee, MD (@SangjinLee17) October 19, 2023
Abbott also hosted an event on 19 October for eHCPs to attend around heart function therapies. Dr Sangjin Lee called it “great collaboration” and thanked Abbott for hosting the event.
The top shared links by eHCPs when mentioning a Top 50 pharma company discussed:
- A video discussing Pfizer’s pricing model for Paxlovid.
- An article reviewing Novavax’s COVID-19 vaccine compared to alternative options.
- An FDA press release detailing the approval of the Novavax vaccine.
CREATION.co continues to analyse online eHCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In October 2023, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 12,832 healthcare professional authored posts on X (Twitter) from 4,981 individual eHCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online X conversations of eHCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 – 31 October 2023.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its X account(s).
- In some cases, an X post may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In October 2023, 276 of these posts mentioned Janssen.