Discover what healthcare professionals (HCPs) think about pharmaceutical products and their manufacturers, as it happens, through CREATION.co’s tracking updates. How are HCPs responding to drug launch news? How are HCPs talking about or engaging with the Top 50 pharma companies on social media? Each week, CREATION.co’s tracking updates bring you the latest insights from the conversation of HCPs across the globe discussing these topics and more.
The Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies mentioned by eHCPs on Twitter
|May Rank||April Rank||Company |
|3.0||4.0||Johnson & Johnson||811||280||11.0|
|17.0||7.0||Merck & Co||120||70||0.0|
The latest insights from eHCPs mentioning the Top 50 Pharmaceutical Companies
The five pharmaceutical companies that were mentioned the most by eHCPs on Twitter in May 2023 were Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, GSK and AstraZeneca.
CREATION.co identified 11,446 eHCP mentions of pharmaceutical companies online in May 2023, increasing by slightly over 8% from the previous month.
eHCPs discussed and reposted the commitment of Johnson and Johnson’s new global surgery initiative aimed to improve access to quality surgical care in areas with limited resources and improve standard of care. The program received recognition from eHCPs, some of whom shared examples of success stories from the launch of the program.
At the #WHA76 @surgfoundation #globalsurgery event, @JNJGlobalHealth is the face of the private sector! We are so excited to get all the tips on how to effectively engage this sector and create strategic partnerships! pic.twitter.com/6EvGWyZKjz
— HarvardGlobalSurgery (@HarvardPGSSC) May 23, 2023
eHCPs showed their appreciation of GSK as they collaborated with the Spanish Pain Society and provided a forum to discuss and answer questions on neuropathic pain at the Sociedad Española del Dolor (Spanish Pain Society) congress in Spain.
— Ancor Serrano, MD (@AncorSerrano) May 22, 2023
eHCPs were encouraged to see Sanofi’s support towards the #InsulinSafetyWeek by reposting the news from Diabetes Times.
— 📰Diabetes Times (@DiabetesTimes) May 23, 2023
The top shared links by eHCPs when mentioning a Top 50 pharma company discussed:
A YouTube video by an online news show discussing Bristol Myers Squibb’s product, Abilify.
An interview with Pfizer’s CEO discussing why mRNA technology was counterintuitive in producing an effective vaccine.
An article by a nurse discussing Artificial Intelligence and its impact on modern nursing.
In May, eHCPs acknowledged pharma companies for their various inputs in supporting communities, in an effort to raise the medical quality of care for people.
CREATION.co continues to analyse online eHCP conversation on a variety of topics including virtual congress, healthcare changes since the pandemic, product development and therapy area specific insights.
To stay up to date, you can sign up to CREATION.co’s monthly eJournal.
- In May 2023, CREATION Pinpoint® identified 11,446 healthcare professional authored tweets from 4,510 individual eHCPs mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company (according to revenue).
- Data for this research was analysed from the online Twitter conversations of eHCPs in all languages mentioning a Top 50 Pharmaceutical company between 01 May and 31 May 2023.
- Unless otherwise specified, mentions of a company are not limited to its Twitter account(s).
- In some cases, a tweet may mention more than one company account (e.g. @abbottnews and @abbottglobal) – this only counts as one Company Mention and Account Mention.
- Johnson & Johnson was included as a whole, encompassing its pharmaceutical subsidiary, Janssen. In May 2023, 356 of these posts mentioned Janssen.
Click here to view the latest Top 50 tracker